Yup, I prep for NaNoWriMo. I am not a pantser. I can write a couple thousand words off the top of my head. But after that I am lost. I need a plan, a cunning plan.
So what am I planning for this year’s NaNoWriMo? I am glad you asked. Today at this moment, the book will be an origin story about the first magic users that survive and how they grow into the College of Greater Magic.
On the good news side I sent out my magic system notes to get some feedback. This will help the book.
Other decisions that I have made about this work:
- Work on better description, I suck at description. Suck is an understatement.
- It will be an ensemble story of some sort. Most likely an adventure.
- People will die, I have a hard time letting characters die or be killed. Time I grew up as an author.
- There will be a wise-ass dad joking character.
- There will be bad people.
- I will have an outline and plan.
- This book will fit into a Fantasy Series.
- I will update the blog. (Stop laughing)
This afternoon, I will start working on characters and their story arcs. There may even be a second blog. Two blogs in one day! INSANITY.